The average person thinks between 50,000-70,000 thoughts per day.
Thoughts come and go – like waves crashing on a beach.
Let them be.
You are not your thoughts.
Stop. Take a breath.
Notice all that chatter in your mind.
Don’t cling to each and every thought as a truth.
Bring a positive calm into your mind.
There’s much more going on within the silence of your spirit.
Quiet brings the calm.
Listen to your breath and feel your heartbeat.
Meditation is the intentional quieting of the mind – allowing us to touch and hear more than the continuous thoughts of work, tasks, family, and our physical bodies.
Breathe and relax.
Meditation has no judgments.
Simple Instructions for Meditation
- Pick a quiet place. Create an atmosphere, with flowers or objects that are found in nature and use items that have a special meaning to you.
- Sit comfortably with your back straight but not rigid. It may be on the floor or in a chair.
- Your hands are placed in your lap or on your knees.
- Close your eyes. Or lower your gaze with eyes half closed.
- Allow your breathing to be natural. Nothing forced.
- As thoughts come – allow them to be like the waves. Let them come and go. Don’t attach to these thoughts. Go back to your breathing.
Begin with sitting in meditation about 10 minutes. If a longer time feels correct – let it come about naturally.
One result of meditating is that you are calmer and less stressed. Tensions begin to melt and slip away. Clarity returns.
Silence is best for healing. Your body’s natural curative processes are now set in motion. Results show that meditation improves health and well-being.
This relaxed state of meditation brings about an ability to deal with issues in your life and to keep them in perspective.
Some say you become a nicer person.
Learn and actualize on how to include this practice and other self-care rituals into your life – contact me today, for your Free Discovery Call, a strategy session.
Coaching Sessions are available. Contact me by leaving a message at http://www.shirleymeerson.com/contact/
Get started with free lifestyle info >>where I offer tips, tools, and more – when you register here at http://www.shirleymeerson.com/
Pleased to have you follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShirleyMeerson/